Yes, I’m retired. Not totally, because I do some part-time work from home – but with enough freedom to exercise, travel, hike, volunteer and all the other good stuff that comes with retirement.
I’d love to connect with others who are in the same position. It’s possible, right? Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org & leave me a post and tell me how life is treating you, what posts resonate with you or other suggestions.
Or just to say hello.
So, here are 23 factoids about me that you are dying to know … right?!
- I am the fifth child in a family of 11.
- Being the fifth child was great because I knew the first four and the last six. Whereas the last batch of siblings never really knew the first batch. Pity them.
- I love to learn.
- I visit the library at least once a week.
- I repeated the 4th grade. Well, actually, I passed the 4th grade and my mom didn’t believe me. She called my teacher and by the time she hung up the phone, they decided that I would repeat the 4th grade. It was a turning point in my life. For the good.
- I went to the same physical school building for 14 years.
- My eldest brother was 18 years old when he died in Viet Nam. I was 12 years old.
- I escaped from a burning house when I was 15. All my siblings made it out alive.
- I saw my first sunset when I was 18 years old. It was beautiful. The view from the hilltop was unobstructed and the sunset ever so sweetly.
- When we went to church, my dad said if you can’t sing well, just sing loud.
- My dad died when he was 53 years old.
- My husband died when he was 53 years old.
- I was short-changed by their deaths.
- I have a Masters of Arts degree in Counseling/Psychology from Lesley University.
- My favorite all time job was working as a waitress in a Mexican restaurant.
- I worked there for 10 years.
- There are 7 of us that are still connected over 30 years later.
- I am terrified of mice. Well not terrified…maybe freaked out. Violated, sort of.
- One of my favorite memories is lying under a black night sky near Taos, NM and seeing thousands of stars. I miss that. It was a brief moment in time that I return to a million times over.
- For 25 years I lived in a house where I had an unobstructed view of the sunrise and the sunset. I long for those vistas again. I never, ever took those views for granted.
- I learned to play pickleball recently. It’s a blast!
- I prefer Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio over red wines.