I just received an email from a friend listing all her favorite books from 2014.
I decided to make a list of my favorites as well. With a new year upon us, it’s time to read 52 books in 52 weeks again. I am usually pretty good about reading unless I come upon a book that bothers me then I walk away and stay away until the feeling passes. Then when I start to read it again, well, there’s that icky feeling. So either I plow through it or set it aside.
If it’s a book for my book club, I often plow through it so I can be part of the group discussion. The members of this group all have their certain likes and dislikes. They all know if it’s a sad or scary book then I won’t like it. I don’t like graphic stories (war, rape, carnage) and have never had success with sci-fi either. Some of my book club friends prefer psychological thrillers but hate romance, love biographies but detest chic lit and on and on.
What amazes me is when I ADORE a book only to find out other members detested it. How can that be? And I was the only one in the group who HATED the book Gone Girl. They all loved it.
Alas, that’s how it is. Some books speak to one person and not others. I loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and some others thought it was BORING. How can that be?
So, stay tuned so I can go over my list of books and decide which I loved the best.
If you have any books to suggest, put it in the comment box.
Now…back to creating my top ten list!
- Women Writers, Women’s Books (booksbywomen.org)
- A Very Happy New Year (savvybookwriters.wordpress.com)
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – If you loved a book (betteleecrosby.com)
- Read 52 Books Again! (margeka.therine.com)
- Infuse Your Life with Action (margeka.therine.com)
- Book Reviews (challies.com)
- The Indie View (theindieview.com)
- Mother, Daughter & Son book reviews (motherdaughterbookreviews.com)