Alas, I think the snow is over. Sad to see it go because Colorado is so desperate for the moisture. The winter snows fill up our mountain lakes which feed our crops, water our lawns and quench our thirst. Rain would be a blessing too —
Send me some songs (maybe Youtube songs?) to play so I can dance, dance, dance and invite the rain to visit us!
Here’s a fun rain song — I hope it brings some raindrops to my roof. If so, I’ll be sure to stand outside and let it soak me to the skin!
- Recent storms provided little drought relief for Colorado (northfortynews.com)
- The 7 states running out of water (alpinedailyplanet.typepad.com)
- Editorial: Drought or not, use only what you need (denverpost.com)
- Colorado’s Thin Snowpack (yourwatercolorado.org)
- Snow brings no relief, 89% of Colorado still drought stricken (denverpost.com)