LinkedIn is a social networking website for people in professional occupations. This site is like a living resume. You can enter information about your skills, classes, volunteer work, new promotions, or just highlight the areas you want others to know about.
LinkedIn lets you invite others to join your network, write recommendation for colleagues and to offer endorsements.
Wikipedia has a list of possible ways your network can be used:
- A contact network is built up consisting of their direct connections, the connections of each of their connections (termed second-degree connections) and also the connections of second-degree connections (termed third-degree connections). This can be used to gain an introduction to someone a person wishes to know through a mutual contact.
- Users can upload their resume or design their own profile in order to showcase work and community experiences.
- It can then be used to find jobs, people and business opportunities recommended by someone in one’s contact network.
- Employers can list jobs and search for potential candidates.
- Job seekers can review the profile of hiring managers and discover which of their existing contacts can introduce them.
- Users can post their own photos and view photos of others to aid in identification.
- Users can now follow different companies and can get notification about the new joining and offers available.
- Users can save (i.e. bookmark) jobs which they would like to apply for.
Are you on LinkedIn? Right now there are more than over 170 million subscribers.
Care to join my network? If so, just enter my name (Marge Katherine) and see if I show up. I hope to see you there!
- Four Tips for a Powerful LinkedIn Profile (everydayfamily.com)
- Recent Hires Share 16 Online Tools & Tactics They Used To Get Hired (digitizd.com)
- 6 Simple Rituals To Reach Your Potential Every Day (fastcompany.com)
- Content curators are the new superheros of the web (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Online Job Hunting Tips (wailingsofaworkathomemom.wordpress.com)
- Create a LinkedIn Personal Brand that Stands Out (brighthub.com)
- Linkedin Endorsements (margekatherine.com)
- Social Marketing Strategy #3: Getting Social (margekatherine.com)