It’s June — no longer do we talk about fires blazing, snow falling, dark days and long nights. No, now are day are light, warm, long and inviting.
In Colorado that means:
- schools are closed and the pools are open
- days are hot but the nights are ohhh so cool
- sun comes up early and hangs around for a very long time
- seedlings turn into fruits, vegetables and flowers
- fishing rod is put into action
- hiking boots are strapped on and poles are in movement
- camera is opened and ready for any ‘amazing’ sight
- local concerts are appreciated
- festivals are planned
- flowers are on display
- birthdays are celebrated (my mom had 4 babies in the month of June~)
- water shortage due to low snowpack
- and so much more!
What is June like for you?
For my friends ‘Down Under’ what do you do in June?
For my Irish sister – how does June unfold for you?
For those near and far – what words and photos conger up June in your mind?
Hope to hear from you!
- Summer fun in Colorado high country already here (denverpost.com)
- Explore Colorado: Summer Festivals (kdvr.com)
- Low Colorado snowpack has ripple effect on river enthusiasts (denverpost.com)
- Colorado Snowpack Remains Well Below Average (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Colorado fly-fishing is still fun – despite the drought (denverpost.com)
- What to Bring When You Have Only a Backpack (uloop.com)
- No end to water shortage in sight (nation.com.pk)
- Summit County: Will Dillon Reservoir fill this year? (summitcountyvoice.com)