At any given moment my mother was called Mom, Mommy or Ma. She didn’t like being called Mother. She chastised me when I called her by her first name. She told me that anyone can call her Katie but only very special people can call her mom. I understand that now and cherish that title as well.
I grew up in a large family and there was always one kid on my hip that needed to be diapered or fed or cared for – so motherhood was not something foreign to me. What was strange was the doubt I had when I was in the mist of it.
It would be great if we could all be grandparents first. Grandparents understand that our children just need us to be with them. Focused and in the moment. A simple thing but so often undervalued in this day of iPods, cell phones, televisions, computers and other electronics. The act of playing a card game, hiding and seek or singing during a car ride …is all about making memories for tomorrow. It’s really so simple, so very simple to do.
- Mothers and Healing (crowingcrone.wordpress.com)
- I Am Mom Enough (jackielrobinson.com)
- Um, “Happy” Mother’s Day (doyoumeanwhatiknow.wordpress.com)
- Today I’m Grateful for … (diabeticredemption.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day (bounceandslidetexas.wordpress.com)
- 3.it’s Mother’s Day, Yesterday. (chiiaguinaldo.wordpress.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day! (aprilheatherart.com)
- Mother’s Day (rubylane.com)
- Let me introduce you to…my mother (lilhariet.wordpress.com)
- To All The Moms-Happy Mother’s Day! (paradisepartyrentals.wordpress.com)