Growing up in my house, Easter was always a time to celebrate.
Easter was about Jesus and the Easter Bunny.
It was about getting a new dress, shoes and a darling hat, finding our baskets, attending an extremely long mass and eating and a huge meal.
Easter was about family, a ham dinner and strawberry shortcake. It was gigantic for us kids and then… poof, it was gone.
As a parent, many of those same traditions were handed down to my children except we, as a family, went out to eat for Easter dinner. It never made sense to me to make a ham dinner for just the 4 of us. In my mind, Easter dinner was for 20 or more, not 4. And so, we began a new tradition, in the land of Colorado and it was just as lovely – though very different.
Happy Easter to one and all!
- What’s not to love about Lent?
- History on Easter (ourcommunityatfbcdc.wordpress.com)
- Happy Easter (barcelonacitytours.com)
- Happy Easter From Barack’s House (theobamacrat.com)
- Happy Easter (jdhostetter.com)
- The Easter Parade (rubylane.com)
- Easter Tales and Traditions (storywritingstudio.wordpress.com)
- Easters Remembered (thepetalpusher.me)
- Seasonal Sms: Happy Easter (teeceecounsel.wordpress.com)