Have you ever avoided something or someone for a period of time, just hoping the issue, clutter, or person would go away? And, of course, it does – eventually…
In fact, by attending to the issue (that we finally acknowledge won’t “JUST go away”) we find out that it can be done and off the table in a set period of time. Think …homework, taxes, dusting, thank you notes, exams, oil change, Christmas shopping, etc.
I sat at my table this yesterday morning and took care of 3 huge tasks before 7:30 am. What a relief!
When I finished, I grabbed my taxes and put them on the table to tackle next.
For months, when I looked up at the ceiling fan, I focused on the rim of dirt that looked back at me with a smirk, yes, you heard me right… a smirk.
IN the afternoon, when the weather reached 69 degrees, I decided to water some trees (LONG overdue), wash some windows, mop the floor and yes, clean 2 ceiling fans. It took me less than 20 minutes to do something that was ‘hanging over my head’ for months.
Today I tackle the taxes. My comfort zone is resisting with everything in me to NOT attend to this assignment. I will dust, vacuum and iron clothes instead of gather my documents, numbers and items for this task. We all know that once I turn my attention to the task it will be done in a short amount of time. In the meantime, my house gets cleaned from top to bottom as a way to NOT do taxes. Ugh.
NO Comfort Zone Challenge this week: Taxes.
A warm welcome to January to December who accepted the NO Comfort Zone 2012 Weekly Challenge!
- Do More of What Makes You Happy (No Comfort Zone for sure!) (margekatherine.com)
- January Challenges Pave the Way (NoCZ-12) (margekatherine.com)
- Leaving the Comfort Zone Behind (1alive.wordpress.com)
- No Comfort Zone #6 (humblethoughtz.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts on Comfort Zone – Contentment (timmybrister.com)
- The Challenge to be Creative, and Going to the Dis-Comfort Zones! (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- And the winners are… (starbear.wordpress.com)
- Where have I been? (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- No Comfort Zone Week Ending March 4 (quillfyre.wordpress.com)
- Another fight for equal rights (merkid514.blogspot.com)
- My Comfort Zone