According to Joe Vitale, Outrageous Marketing is the only way to market. Using nouns instead of adjectives, using statements instead of questions is so … NOT working. Make the headlines come to life and get attention with the briefest glance. This technique, adapted from the philosophy of P.T Barnum who often used the top third of a news page to shout his message.
- Learn 6 ways to improve your life in 6 minutes!
- Last chance to say those three words…
- ATTENTION Mothers!!!
NOW … that’s marketing! The all-time expert in outrageous marketing was P.T. Barnum. He saw silver lining in every crowd and paid attention to people. He listened to the words they used and spoke their language to get his message across. Other techniques to gain an audience include:
This affordable method suggests you team up with other businesses who also want to target your client base. The team approach allows you to offer more promotions and to work together to get publicity. A movie theater may give out discounts for a car wash and the car wash will give a discount for popcorn at the movies. Ask:
Who are my potential customers?
Who else wants to reach these same people?
How can we both reach them successfully?
Fearlessly love your customers by treating your customers like dogs. Dog lovers have a unique relationship with their pets. Their bond and loyalty continues through bad weather, sad times, miscommunication and more. To have loyal customers, they need to receive that type of treatment as well. Care for them in ways they will never forget. We’ve all had experiences that we can’t forget – some were negative experiences and some were positive. If the experience touched a nerve – either good or bad, we probably repeated the story to others, now and years later.
Customers want to know you care about them. They will never forget it.
Walk the walk:
- Tell your customers you like your business – reward them with something extra.
- Listen when your customers are complaining – acknowledge the problem and fix it.
- To get and keep customers – show them the love.
Step right up:
- People crave fun and excitement and will pay for that feeling.
- When businesses take the extra step – people keep coming back.
- They tell their friends and co-workers about their service and sales increase.
When an organization puts their customers first, it shows. People do business where they are noticed and acknowledged.
Hooked on a feeling:
- People are purchasing a good feeling.
- Sell the end result or the benefit they plan to experience.
- Amplify the benefit of the purchase and people will focus on that as well.
The Power of Outrageous Marketing is a quick read and like most books if you get only one tip or idea to use, then it’s worth the cost.